Traffic on Highway 417 remained blocked Friday morning after a pedestrian was struck and seriously injured on the highway east of Bronson Avenue earlier in the day.
Ottawa Paramedic Service confirmed they were called at 2:48 a.m. for a man in critical condition in the eastbound lanes.
Paramedics said it was unclear whether the victim had been in a vehicle.
Ontario Provincial Police closed the highway at Bronson Avenue for investigation.
“Hwy417 EB has reopened approaching Bronson Avenue,” OPP said in an update on X Friday.
“The westbound lanes will remain closed for an undetermined period of time.”
Related
- International cybercrime investigation leads to arrest of Ottawa man
- Vanier finally getting a new recreation centre